Immunity Emergence Loose-leaf Tea
A blend of medicinal herbs harvested in the spring and late summer. Helpful to reduce inflammation, support circulation, and support immune responses.This loose-leaf tea has been created by MoonBabyMedicine in collaboration with Spring Up as part of the Spring/Summer '23 market capsule collection.
Loose-leaf tea is a powerful form of medicine that nudges the spirit and eases the body through shifting seasons. Regular ingestion of plant medicine can strengthen emotional regulation, encourage stillness, and support prolonged healing. All of the plants in this blend were either home-grown or hand-tended and harvested by Mai. These are Native plant medicines that have been critical to the environment and culture of broadly coastal communities throughout Southern California. Many of the effects and benefits that they have on our bodies mimic their respective plants’ defense mechanisms and adaptations to the environment around them. Consuming plant medicine in this way is rooted in traditional healing, sustainable harvest, and bioinfused.
Most store-bought tea bags contain microplastics that dissolve when mixed with hot water, and industrial drying processes drain nutrients and medicinal properties from herbs.
*Limited quantity available*
- Cordyceps Mushroom: Cordyceps is a genus of parasitic fungi that grows on the larvae of insects. When these fungi attack their host, they replace its tissue and sprout long, slender stems that grow outside the host’s body. The remains of the insect and fungi have been hand-collected, dried, and used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries to treat fatigue, sickness, kidney disease, and inflammation.
- Elderberry: Berries full of antioxidants and vitamins, used lovingly in Native communities to boost and aid the immune system. Elderberry can tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help prevent or ease cold and flu systems.
- Echinacea: Both the flowers and roots of echinacea contain active substances that boost immune function, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have hormonal, antiviral, and antioxidant effects.
- Goji Berries: In Asia, goji berries have been eaten for generations in the hopes of extending the lifespan. This fruit offers high protein, Vitamin A and C, potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, and zinc.
- Lemon Balm: A member of the mint family, considered a calming herb. It has long been used to to reduce stress and anxiety, promote sleep, improve appetite, and ease pain and discomfort from indigestion (including gas and bloating, as well as colic).
- Reishi Mushroom (Cap + Stem): Reishi mushroom can enhance immune function through its effects on white blood cells, which help fight infection and cancer. Some preliminary studies have shown that reishi mushroom could decrease anxiety and depression as well as improve quality of life in those with certain medical conditions.
- Vietnamese Vitality herbs
Size: 2oz bag (approx. 30 servings) packaged in compostable rice paper (food-grade)
About the creator: MoonBabyMedicine is the herbal mutual aid project and practice of Thanh Mai. Rooted in herbal honesty and aligned in time, Thanh draws from the traditions and teachings of the farmers and plant-keepers in their family. Rather than sourcing medicinal plants from large providers, Thanh focuses on heritage and community-based land-tending, Native plant medicine, and wild-crafting methods. Thanh has prepared these blends with a mix of plants that they grew, tended to, and harvested with their relatives. These specific plants are a mix of Šmuwič Native (California coastal), Vietnamese florals (northern mountains), and medicinal mushrooms (growing in both regions). They have been lovingly tended from seed to sprout and dried using a mix of traditional and assisted methods.